Issue #109 of the Jewish blog carnival Haveil Havalim, for March 11, 2007, on Life in Israel, features posts from the last two weeks instead of just one week, because of Purim, hence more hat tips here than usual.
- Sanegoria (acting as defense attorney for the case) always tops my lists, so I start with God Does Not Desire Those That Speak Ill Of Israel, by Cosmic X, from February 28, 2007. An important lesson here: there is no permission for any Jew to climb on the backs of his brothers, no matter their level of religious observance. As I said, it will be better for secular realist (in the true sense of that word) Ben-Dror Yemini than for NK’s Dovid Weiss, no matter how long the latter’s earlocks may be.
- From Daled Amos, the post Jerusalem, Brunei, from March 6, 2007, musing about the significance of Jerusalem to Judaism compared with the same to Islam. The verdict is unequivocal: Jerusalem, pretty much like their own children, doesn’t matter to the Muslims except as a tool for furthering their jihad for world domination.
- Shimon of A Jewish Blog and Aussie Dave of Israelly Cool both blog about the new robot built for IDF’s use, in IDF will use new fighting robot, VIPeR and Our Latest Weapon respectively, both from March 8, 2007. The significance of this is how it contrasts us with our Muslim enemies: we take pains to ensure the safety of our soldiers, while they do everything to bring into the line of fire their civilians. But that won’t deter a group of German bishops (hat tip to Gail of Rubicon3, also featured on that issue of HH) or American lefty blog posters from comparing us to the Nazis, of course…
- Yid With Lid brings The Press’ Blood Libel Against Israel Disproved (look for it on page 42 tomorrow), from March 1, 2007. The fact that “well-poisoning” has been updated to become “nuclear irradiation” makes no difference whatsoever: it’s still the ages-old Jew-hatred, dress it however the anti-Semites will.
- From Boker tov, Boulder!, from March 9, 2007: Shockah: Abu Mazen LIED!, showing yet more examples of “Palestinian Authority” (oxymoron) chairman Mahmoud Abbas being just as forked-tongue as his predecessor, Arafish (long may he rot in hell, amen). But then, could we expect otherwise from the leader of a fictional nation? Unfortunately, a lot of people do. Even more unfortunately, some of those people are in positions of policymaking.
- Judith of Kesher Talk posts (March 9, 2007) on Iran’s help in freeing Jewish hostages in 1977, back in the days of the Shah, before the country succumbed to the spell of Islamic imperialism. As always, don’t forget to thank Jimmy “Too Many Jews” Carter for the mess we’re in right now.
- From the “plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose” department, Judeosphere has The Israel Lobby: 1981 vs. 2006, from March 5, 2007, bringing a screed by Strobe Talbott from 1981 showing Walt and Mearsheimer were plagiarists on top of it all. Then again, so was Strobe Talbott. The chain goes back a long way—more than 3,000 years, in fact. The coming Passover is about the first instance of it all.
- From Lemon Lime Moon, another blast from the past: A Beloved Man Speaks Out on Anti Semitism, from March 6, 2007, where Sam Levinson (d. 1980, HaShem grant him heavenly peace) tells people how to boycott the Jews properly (now a recurrent meme on the Jewish blogosphere). Alrighty, let’s see how the Eurodhimmis like the Muslims they brought in to replace their six million Jews (HaShem avenge their blood), I’m sure they’re going to be an immense enrichment and contribution to their societies. Yeah, right.
- Hubscubs posts Israel … Least Popular Award?, from March 7, 2007, giving vent to the feelings of a lot of us, a majority growing every day: we’re going to be branded evil no matter how much we take care to avoid casualties and damage on the other side (yes, on the other side! What a way to fight wars!), so let’s stop all this costly stupidity and fight like any nation under existential threat would. We have everything to gain, and nothing to lose.
My post on this issue of Haveil Havalim is The Wreck of Darfur, from February 27, 2007 (yes, my submission was one of the earliest, unintentionally). See you next issue, G-d willing!