Our Children Are The Guarantors

Defending Zionism from its detractors. Anti-Zionism is a form of anti-Semitism. Let the other side apologize for a change.

Monday, September 10, 2007

On Standing With Israel

“Why should I stand with Israel? I’m not Jewish, and it’s a faraway country that has as much significance to my life as Burundi.” In giving the answer, an answer which is probably not what the reader expects, I speak for myself only, though there may be many of my peers who think the same.

My obligation is to a Jewish State, governed by Jewish law, in the borders promised by HaShem. I cannot compromise on that, especially not now that I have seen past compromises lead to only more bloodshed. I believe that the Land of Israel is Jewish land, as affirmed in Jewish sources throughout, and that none of it should be conceded to a fictitious nation that was concocted for the sole purpose of usurping our rightful claim to it.

On the one hand, I aspire to hold to the Jewish doctrine that only HaShem is to be trusted, not human beings. Therefore I reject putting all our trust even in a malchut shel chesed (kingdom of grace) like the United States of America. Those Jews who say, “America will save us from our enemies” or “If the USA doesn’t do something about Iran, we’re doomed”, are in the wrong; if the USA turns its back on us one of the coming years, it will be because of that way of thinking, for HaShem wishes us to trust in Him and not in mere men.

On the other hand, Zionism is regarded (by Religious Zionists like me) as the beginning of our salvation because it marks our return to history. For 2,000 years of exile, we were in the sidelines of history, except in the many conspiracy theories that were hatched about us. Now we are back to taking a real (and central, thanks in no small part to our enemies) part in world events. We are not isolated from world events; we are one of the eyes of the storm, of the current global conflict between Islamic imperialism and the non-Muslim world.

That, the balance between the Jewish particular dream (Zionism, Jewish sovereignty on the Land of Israel) and our return to world history (Israel as one of many non-Muslim states under attack by Islam), prepares the way for an answer:

If you support Israel out of belief in HaShem’s word, His Torah, as the Noahides and the Christian Zionists do, then may HaShem bless you abundantly. This Jew, if not many others, bears you his deep gratitude.

If you support Israel out of a pragmatic motive, such as a Hindu having realized that Israel and India are facing the same enemy, or an atheist reasoning that a small Jewish theocracy on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean is preferable to a worldwide Islamic one, just as I stand with Thailand because of my view of the Southern Thailand “ethnic Malay separatism” as being of the same nature as the “Palestinian national struggle” in Israel (that is, a cover for the local branch of Islamic imperialism), then may HaShem bless you also. HaShem desires the act first, for whatever motive, while the righteous motive can come later.

And now to the stance of which I said that it could sound surprising: if you say, “Israel does not concern me, neither for good nor for bad; I harbor neither like nor dislike toward it, my feelings toward it are neutral; let the two sides there sort things out on their own, and I have no desire to intervene for either side, neither militarily nor diplomatically”—if you say that, then that too is good! As I said, I trust in HaShem for help, therefore the neutral stance toward the Israel/“Palestine” conflict is no skin off my nose, in fact it is quite good in comparison to those stances whose holders I consider to be our enemies. Which are:

If you say, “Israel is endangering us and world peace, and support for it brings hatred and terror threats upon us, therefore we must pressure Israel to sign a negotiated, conceded peace treaty with the Palestinians”, then you are no longer neutral. You wish to appease the Muslims on Israel’s expense, and that makes you opposed to the imperative of Zionism, namely Jewish sovereignty on the Land of Israel. If you insist on believing in the Two-State Solution, despite all the evidence given that the Muslims (not “Palestinians”—there is no such nation) have no intention whatever of stopping at the territories taken in the 1967 War, because you think the interests of appeasement should take precedence over the harsh reality, then you are at war with Israel, even if only on the ideological level.

And yet, that position is next to nothing in comparison to the following:

If you are a doctrinaire believer in the wrongness, ab initio, of the Jewish State of Israel, talking of the “original sin” of its birth in 1947–9, calling for the application of the “Palestinian Right of Return”, and for the dissolution of the Jewish State into a binational Jewish/Arab state, then you are a sworn enemy of Israel, of Zionism and of the Jews in general. If you believe the existence of Israel as a Jewish state is a wrong, and that that existence is the major cause of the current worldwide conflict, and that the key to solving this conflict is the abolition of Zionism, and that every suicide attack and Kassam rocket (God forbid) on Israeli Jewish women and children is “blowback” or “resistance”, then I regard you as a modern-day Nazi-sympathizer (the modern-day Nazis being the Muslims), and I want you dead. By that, I do not mean assassination as the Muslims do in their lawless way, but I will pray for the rise of the Sanhedrin that will carry that out, at least on the more high-profile among those who are opposed to the Jewish State. We read in Pirkei Avot that Rabbi Hillel once walked along a river and saw a skull floating on it and said, “Because you drowned [a man], you were drowned; and those who drowned you will end up being drowned”. Why will those who drowned him end up being drowned, and how can such a chain ever end? The commentary says: they will be drowned because they took it upon themselves to drown him, instead of bringing him before the court to carry out justice. Enjoy, then, all you enemies of Israel, the period of grace you have until HaShem raises our Sanhedrin again (speedily in our days, amen).

In summary: I for one do not ask that you support Israel, only that you not stand against it. If you support it, for whatever motive, then may HaShem bless you. If you are neutral with regard to Israel, then there is peace between us. It is only if you wish to gain peace from the Muslims at our expense that you become our enemy. And if you are ideologically opposed to the very existence of the Jewish State, then we are openly at war, to the bitter end.

“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; may they prosper that love thee.” (Psalms 122:6)

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger The Graduate said...

Wow, that was harsh but true.

My parents sent me to a Lubavitch day school. Around the time of the "Peace deal" with Egypt, all the kids in the high school were assembled to hear his words, (I think they sent a tape). He said that even though Sinai was not part of Biblical Israel it was a mistake to give it to the Egyptians. Once the precedent for uprooting jews from their homes would be set, then the world would continue demanding the uprooting of settlements. He did not say the Arabs, he said the world. He also said that Israel had to cease its reliance on America.

Another intresting fact is that The Lubavitche Rebbe made a point of talking to Ariel Sharon when he came for a visit in the 80's. I can't remember what was discussed in the meeting. However, it is intresting that some sources have it that Bush threatened Ariel Sharon with withdrawing all monetary support for Israel, if Israel did not support the "roadmap". This was the reason for his apparent about face.

The more we rely on the goodwill of the nations the more we are pushed to understand that we can only trust Hashem.

September 10, 2007 4:55 PM  
Blogger ziontruth said...

He was a tzadik yesod olam, the Lubavitcher Rebbe was. I do not agree with those who think him Mashiach, but that was the fruit of overzealous reverence on the part of some of his followers, detracting nothing from the man himself, who is certainly deserving of renown.

"The more we rely on the goodwill of the nations the more we are pushed to understand that we can only trust Hashem."

Precisely. There are many non-Jewish individuals who love us (just take a short look at LGF for a sample), but as far as nations go, there is none we can trust in. Only HaShem. Because, despite all the doubts of this age, we have no choice.

HaShem bless you.
ZY

September 10, 2007 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lubavitcher Rebbe had some very interesting things to say to Ariel Sharon, what the Rebbe said was that Sharon was a great hero to the Jewish people but entering politics would be a terrible mistake on Sharon's part.

September 10, 2007 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZY, before you were Daati did you have non-Jewish friends who were Leftists? And what did they think of Israel if you did?

Also I took the presentation you created about anti-Zionism and made it into a short video, I hope you like it, if not I will take it down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oU48PgojnQ4

September 10, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger ziontruth said...

KL,

Prescient.

Sharon ended up getting it bidei shamayim for his mistake. To this nation's credit, all believers knew it but didn't say so (to avoid the charge of "dancing on the blood"), so HaShem put it to the non-Jew Pat Robertson to say it publicly. But the message was wasted on Sharon's even more unbelieving successor.

HaShem bless you.
ZY

September 10, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger The Graduate said...

OT I have been a bit unwell and have had to make regular visits to a Physiotherapist. My husband and I are not shy about voicing our views. It has take about 10 sessions but our Physio, who immigrated from South Africa to Australia 10 years ago is a closet Kahanist. It is amazing how many of them there are.
My Russian Communist Grandmother, Aleha shalom,was an avid reader of his books. This I discovered while clearing her effects after her passing.
I showed one of his books to a freind of mine, who was horrified that I had such a thing in my hands. I told her to read it and if she disagreed with one word of what Rabbi Kahane said I would allow her to burn the book, even though I treasured it because it was my grandmothers.
she returned the book to me and was distraught because she realised that she was a victim of the smear campaign againts him. she is a lawyer and has always prided herself making judgements based on facts.
Just wanted to share that with you Kahaneloyalist.

May Hashem bless you all with a sweet and good year. "Chatimah Tova ve Shana Habaah Beyerushalim Habenuya"

September 11, 2007 4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling me that Graduate, most people who oppose the Rav have no idea what he stood for. If your friend has any interest in getting involved and helping the Talmidim of Rabbi Kahane send me an e-mail at nih926@aol.com

September 11, 2007 4:14 AM  
Blogger Avi said...

Shanah Tovah ZY. May you and your family be inscribed in the book of life and this year be a year of peace, blessing and the True and Final Redemption.

September 11, 2007 4:28 AM  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

thanks ZY for fighting the good fight..an yes..Shana Tov u'metuka!

September 11, 2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger ziontruth said...

I have a few disagreements with Rabbi Meir Kahane (HY"D) that prevent me from calling myself a Kahanist, mostly having to do with my Huntingtonian, cultural view of world affairs (e.g. "Muslims" rather than "Arabs"), but otherwise, I'm a great admirer of him and believer in his tenets. For a Jew who had been brought up to regard the Jewish religion as something exilic, reading Kahane's writings with all their rootedness to the land, their Biblical spirit, was a breath of fresh air. His writings were one of the contributing factors to my return to religion.

Shanah Tovah to all of you. May you all be inscribed in the book of life, my brothers and sisters and all those who love us (yes, I'm talking about you, Angel :-) ). Let a year and its curses end, and let a year and its blessings begin.

September 11, 2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger ziontruth said...

KL, I almost missed the comment you added.

The question you ask is a critical one. I had a lot of lefty non-Jewish friends. I was an environmentalist activist back in the day. For most of the time, the issue of Israel never came up. Then, toward the end of the period, it started to come up more and more. Their website started to feature anti-Israel articles. I made a few attempts to argue for Israel's innocence, and to protest the Israel-bashing trend, but the members of the group made it clear to me that I had to choose between being part of them and standing for Israel.

That ended up leading me where I am now, thanks be to God. And now you also know why I hate the Leftists so much.

Great video, KL! I especially like the additions. A few points, though:

1) Didn't you crop out the bottom (including a few texts) by mistake?

2) The text is sometimes hard to read, though I'm not sure you can do anything about it, given the size restrictions.

3) The background song, "Shir L'Shalom", is slightly problematic, even for Religious Zionism, because one of its lines is, "Al tilchash t'filah" ("Don't whisper a prayer"), which goes against the religion. I was brought up on that song, and I still like it, but that line now disturbs me just as I now get a bad feeling when I see traffic on Shabbat.

Otherwise, it's excellent, and I wish I knew how to make videos. Nah, I'll stick to presentations, they're good enough (even David Horowitz's amazing Terrorism Awareness videos are really presentations).

Shanah Tovah u'Metukah!

September 11, 2007 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could redo the song, I took it because its such a lefty icon, and I liked its pacing, do you have any suggestions for different lefty songs which dont have any directly anti-Torah messages?

also which words do you think I cut off so I can add them in?

September 11, 2007 2:19 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

An interesting post, pulls no punches, and an interesting discussion to follow.

I have a simple answer for non-Jews who ask why they should stand with Israel:

Israel is the world's canary in the coal mine.

As long as we can survive the Islamist onslaught, the world has a chance. But if we go down, the world will follow, eventually.

September 11, 2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger ziontruth said...

KL,

I was out for a few hours, but I still can't think of a replacement song. I'm thinking of "Ha-Re'ut", but I haven't checked it yet for its lyrics.

As for the texts, I remember the text under "1350" was missing, and a few others, I'll have to look at it more thoroughly.

Michael,

Do you think this position, of Israel being the canary in the coal mine, can be made from a non-religious-Jewish point of view? It's a true position, but it always struck me as being dependent on the belief that the Jewish nation has a special, divine role in history. Which means a lot of non-Jews aren't going to give it immediate credence.

Shanah Tovah to you and yours!

September 11, 2007 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ZY,
Please link your blog to the website of Librarians for Fairness,
which is a pro-Israeli organization. The url is
http://www.librariansforfairness.org

September 11, 2007 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I am thinking of doing is taking one leftist song, preferably with a similiar style to Shiur HaShalom and using that until the what is to be done clip, then switching to a Jewish Nationalist song, any you could think of would be much appreciated.

September 11, 2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Do you think this position, of Israel being the canary in the coal mine, can be made from a non-religious-Jewish point of view?

Yes, because Israel, whatever its relation to Judaism (and I agree that we are something special, for religious reasons), is still a vibrant, Westernized, democratic nation surrounded by a sea of backward Arab muslims.

If we can survive the onslaught, all is well and good, but if we cannot, than what chance does Western Democracy have against Islamism?

September 11, 2007 11:01 PM  
Blogger daughter of patriots said...

Michael, I agree: Israel is the canary in the coal mine. And Jews are historically the first targets in major movements of evil.

But I disagree that one can bring a leftist on board with that common sense logic. I've heard too many imply that if "we give Israel to the Islamics, they'll leave us alone." Appeasement by any other name would still stink.

September 12, 2007 3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I made some additional edits and made a totally different ending, I am keeping the music till I find a decent replacement, but it is only temporary

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yElQQ0ifQcg

September 12, 2007 3:29 AM  
Blogger The Graduate said...

ZY I saw the presentation on YouTube. I know that you don't like the song but the irony is unmistakable, the anthem of the left against the harsh truth.
Just my opinion.

On another note, I have heard the canary in a mineshaft analogy many times. It is a useful one if people know a bit of history. However, I also like using the current religion of "Global Warming".

I point out to people that the pressure on Israel by the world has nothing to do with “Palestinian rights” and the terrible plight they live under. I point out, with proof that the “Palestinians” are living under worse conditions in the lands of their brethren. I then get the usual just because they are living under terrible conditions there it doesn’t mean it’s OK in Israel. I then point out that under Israeli occupation, the “Palestinians” had it better and move on to other injustices and tragedies and horrible stuff that is done around the world to various peoples and nothing is being done about it.
Once we have established that Israel is being singled out for special treatment, for whatever reason, I then move on to the driver for the special treatment.
If we travel back in time, we see that before the oil crisis of the 1970’s there was no real pressure on Israel. In fact public sentiment was on the side of Israel.

So what happened?
What changed?

Oil. The West’s dependency on it to maintain its’ way of life and the Arabs understanding this.
The West, instead of finding an alternative source of energy to mitigate the risk of being held hostage to the oil sheiks pretended that they had found the solution. They created a buffer of oil reserves. This, they fed the public would enable the US to ride out any threat to the oil supply from the Arab oil sheiks. This together with non-arab sources of oil, they said, would never leave the US at the mercy of the Arabs.

However, the pressure began on Israel. No matter what the rhetoric was, the West was at the mercy of the Oil Sheiks and the oil sheiks new it. They began using their not so newfound power to further the Arabs cause in the Middle East. That is getting rid of Israel.

How does this relate to your post on standing with Israel, the religion of global warming?
The believers of global warming believe that climate change is caused by use of fossil fuel. Our dependency on fossil fuels (oil) and increased use of them and our inability to find a substitute in time to stop the disaster is their main mantra. We must stop burning oil to save the world.

In other words, if the West had found a solution in the 70’s to the strangle hold that the Arabs have over the worlds energy supply, Israel would have been left alone and the Arabs allowed to stew in their own violence towards each other.

In the prophesies of Acharit Hayamim, it talks about natural calamities that will happen in the world. Earthquakes, changes in weather patterns, extreme weather etc. Climate changes have been occurring throughout the ages. However, if I remember my eschatology correctly, at the time of coming of the Mashiach, Nations will be punished for standing against Israel, and punishment will come closer to the actual sin. Natural disasters are happening far more frequently. Heat waves in Europe, flooding in England, Tsunami’s, hurricanes in the US, I could go on.

People are waiting for miracles, they forget that Hashem works through the laws of creation. Naoch warned people for 120 years that the flood was coming but the Midrashim say that even when the water was up to their knees they did not get it. This was because the changes happened gradually and for those who were not aware it appeared to be part of the natural cycle of things.
The same can be said for Bnei yisrael and the Egyptians at the time of Yetziat Mitzraim, the plagues could be explained away in the natural order of things. (I think that there is a Papyrus in a Museum in Holland that describes what could be the 10 plagues as some sort of unusual chain of natural events) Only one fifth of B’nei Israel left Egypt, only one fifth recognised the signs for what they were, the rest accepted that this was just part of nature.
Why did the Egyptians take so long to get it? Even after they got that they were being punished why did they change their minds and chase after them? It could be that once B’nei Israel left, the “came to their senses’ and convinced themselves that what had happened really was just a freak of nature and not divine retribution.

Because the world has allowed themselves to be held to ransom by those who would destroy Israel. Because the world is doing their bidding and making Israel commit suicide bit by bit at the behest of the arabs the world is now facing the disaster of “global warming”.
Niflaot Darkei Hashem.

Sorry about the rant but you really got the very short version.

Shetechatevu vetechatmu le shana Tovah.

September 16, 2007 4:29 AM  
Blogger ziontruth said...

The Graduate,

I don't know, there were quite a lot of states that cut their diplomatic ties with Israel right after June 1967. I agree oil is a significant factor, and on that note I wish Bush had really made the invasion of Iraq "all about the oil" (as his Leftist detractors say) and not about that stupid vision of "winning hearts and minds", and, seeing how Saudi oil-money is fundamental to bankrolling the worldwide jihad, I think the USA would be in its perfect rights to occupy Saudi Arabia and suck all the oil from it for its own use. But that won't happen while George W. "Islam is a religion of peace" Bush is president, unfortunately.

Your take on Global Warming is new to me and very interesting! I'm inclined toward the view that it's all a Leftist-Enviromoonbat scam for the purpose of extortion (and Al Gore sure does a lot to reinforce that impression), but my jury is still out on it. I tend to stay out of the Science Wars (I'm on the evolution side of the evolution/creation debate, but from the theological point of view I maintain that Judaism can be happy with either and it's not something to waste time and energies on). But no argument with you about Muslim-supporters getting their punishment. And may it be manifest to all soon, amen!

G'mar chatimah tovah. HaShem bless you.
ZY

September 19, 2007 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home