The 106th edition of the Jewish blog carnival Haveil Havalim is here, hosted on Jack’s Shack. Here are the posts I liked best:
- YMedad of My Right Word brings Intramural Pal. Activities, from February 4, 2007, where he shows how enemy infighting, obstructing (thanks be to G-d) their goal of destroying us, is nothing new, with pieces from the 1920’s and 1930’s sounding like our daily news.
- Robert J. Avrech of Seraphic Secret quotes Larry Miller in his The Middle East Conflict Analyzed… Seriously, from February 8, 2007. Larry Miller is one who gets it.
- Meryl Yourish, in her post Once again, the lies and the Temple Mount, from February 6, 2007, shows how, as with the Second Intifada (October 2000) and as with the Danish Cartoons Affair, Muslims will find any pretext and employ any subterfuge to declare jihad.
- Jameel at The Muqata brings the post Responding to a Comment: Why endanger your family?, from February 6, 2007, to a commenter who asks why he takes the risk of living in Israel. Great reply, and I would add: eppes Europe, swarming as it is now with Muslims, is safer for Jews? Fat chance. Best for us to be back home.
- Ocean Guy ponders the future of the Democrat party in the wake of their imam-led prayer, and what it means to the Jews, in his post On Being a Jew and a Democrat, from February 5, 2007. At the bottom he also adds an update to answer the tu quoque accusation toward the Republicans, similar to how Mark Steyn answered it on Hannity & Colmes.
- Mastiff of Critical Mastiff criticizes paper-worship in his The Failure of the Diplomatic Mentality, from February 4, 2007.
- Benjamin of Kesher Talk, in his post Another Jewish Radical Goes Completely Insane, from February 10, 2007, describes the far-out Perchikness of “rabbi” Michael Lerner.
My featured post: An Image Problem, from February 8, 2007, where I suggest a more offensive strategy in waging the war of minds.