Our Children Are The Guarantors

Defending Zionism from its detractors. Anti-Zionism is a form of anti-Semitism. Let the other side apologize for a change.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Re: My Intentions

The good: not deleting the diary.

The bad: banning me before I was going to respond (four days after I posted it). My response had been awaited: “[…] Would like to see the diarist respond”, by “decembersue” (among others).

The ugly: near-total focusing on background information and feelings instead of the content of the diary. “Troll” and “links to LGF” are not germane to the points I made. I purposely left out my ideological leanings out of the diary in order to enable debate based on pragmatic merits alone. That this has failed to prevent the degeneration of the diary is of no surprise to me, for, as I said many times, the acrimony of the I/“P” debate in words is but a reflection of the acrimony of the I/“P” conflict on the ground.

Some people ask this:

I do not believe this one's intentions are honorable. I gets [sic] the feeling we are part of some science project for him. At least we know where he'll post the results. […]

by MajorFlaw on Sun Jun 03, 2007 at 03:27:43 PM PDT

And this:

[…] This guy is playing us and intends to publish the results. No thanks.

by MajorFlaw on Sun Jun 03, 2007 at 06:49:23 PM PDT

And this:

Is this diary attempting to elicit remarks that can be used against dkos?

by decembersue on Sun Jun 03, 2007 at 11:30:42 AM PDT

And I will answer:

The purpose of the diary was to make the diarists and commenters of Daily Kos think what it means that your website has become a platform where sympathy for Islamic suicide terrorists and advocacy of the end of Israel as Jewish state (G-d forbid) are all but acceptable. Where, despite having these words in their charter:

For our struggle against the Jews is extremely wide-ranging and grave, so much so that it will need all the loyal efforts we can wield, to be followed by further steps and reinforced by successive battalions from the multifarious Arab and Islamic world, until the enemies are defeated and Allah’s victory prevails. …The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!

…Hamas is supported, and its atrocious words and deeds rationalized as “blowback”.

From my reading of the diaries ever since that one, it looks to me as if I had never posted it. Very well, Koslings: you stand condemned—condemned by G-d, and by history. Condemned as sympathizers with today’s form of imperialistic fascism, more commonly known as Islam. Condemned for selling your own stated liberal values for the lentil stew of “expiation of the West’s colonialist wrongs”. Condemned for standing with evil against the good.

[…] since an actual look at his blog was taken a look at, and one can make a case from it that he does not have the best interests of dkos in mind.

by TLS66 on Sun Jun 03, 2007 at 10:58:44 AM PDT

My interests regarding DKos are a simple matter of give-and-take: you started that psychotic obsession of yours with Israel ever since the war in Lebanon last summer, so I started my focus on Daily Kos as a result; had you not done so, I would never have written, possibly not even heard, of Daily Kos. The question is not whether I come in the best interests of Daily Kos; the question is whether it is in the best interests for a site concerned with “getting American Democrats elected” to latch so obsessively onto a conflict whose significance, as far as both pragmatic (getting American Democrats elected) and idealistic (standing for equality and justice) viewpoints are concerned, pales in comparison to so many others.

And I know a hate site when I see one.

Screenshot: Daily Kos stitching: Left: "LGF is a hate site. Pure and simple.", comment by "Lefty Coaster"; Right: "Palestine/Israel; 40 Years of Occupation, 59 Years of Catastrophe, and 125 Years of Colonization", diary title by "jon the antizionist jew"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

DKos is a lost cause; I truly don't know why you bother with it anymore...

June 20, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger ziontruth said...

Hi Michael!

I agree. That was, I could say, my parting shot. I don't think there's even anything left to expose on Daily Kos anymore. Everything's just rehashed. That's one of the reasons why I took such a long break.

I think my blogging efforts have now reached the stage of visuals and soundbites. I don't like it, but it's better than recycling. And it can always be accompanied by a little pompous... uh, I meant to say, erudite commentary.

June 20, 2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

And it can always be accompanied by a little pompous... uh, I meant to say, erudite commentary.

Ain't that what blogging's all about, airing our own thoughts to the universe?

June 20, 2007 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home